Let us help you navigate through our menu...
We are not a traditional Tex-Mex establishment. When you come into El Tiz, we do not serve up Chips and Salsa. Instead you will be served a cup of our warming Black Bean Soup (Frijoles Charros). This Soup was Ranked the #1 Appetizer by D Magazine in 2011. As you review your menu, you will see a variety of Real Mexico City Cuisine.
For starters, our drink menu includes Agua Jamaica, Horchata, soft drinks, Margaritas, beer and wine.
• Agua Jamaica (Hibiscus Tea) is a light with a cranberry-like flavor. This tea is served cold and is a very refreshing drink (with lots of antioxidants to help you feel rejuvenated).
• Horchata (sweetened rice water) is a Mexico City treat. Horchata is both sweet and savory, with hints of cinnamon and vanilla.
• Soft Drinks—El Tiz serves Coke products as well as Mexican bottled sodas
• Margaritas are excellent for warm spring afternoons.
• Tamarind Margaritas are our specialty. If you like our regular margarita, you will adore the Tamarind Margarita that has a light citrus flavor with a spicy salted rim.
• Tango—our version of a swirl margarita that is made with our house frozen margarita and sangria.
• Sangria—red wine that is mixed with fruit over ice—a perfect refreshing drink.
• We also serve a selection of Wines by Ravenswood. We offer Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio.
• Domestic and Imported Beers are available. You can select from Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Victoria, Corona, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, Dos Equis, and Pacifico.
• We also offer Micheladas, a spiced beer cocktail that is flavored with lime juice, salt and chili powder. You can also request to add tomato juice to enhance your michelada.
• You may also want to try our Palomas, a Mexico City Favorite. The Paloma is a light, fruity drink that is made of tequila and grapefruit juice with a splash of soda.
• We are now serving Pina Coladas, Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Mojitos!
After finishing your drink order, you may be interested in our Appetizers. We offer guacamole with fresh house made chips. The chips and guacamole are both made while you wait to ensure the ultimate flavor and freshness. We also offer Chicharron de Queso. This is basically cheese that is fried on our grill. The result is a crunchy sheet of cheese that can be broken and used as a chip with our salsas and freshly cut onion and cilantro. You can also try our Rajas con Queso, grilled onions and peppers, that is covered in cheese and served over warm flour tortillas.
The meat for our tacos does not hit the grill until you place your order. You may select from a variety of meat selections, including sliced beef (Bistec), rotisserie pork (pastor); pork chops (chuleta) and chicken (pollo). Our tacos are served “street style” and come in orders of three. Want cheese on that? Just order any of the meat selections “Con Queso.” All tacos are served on double corn tortillas and can be garnished as you wish with our freshly chopped onion, cilantro, pineapple and lime. But don’t forget the Chile de Arbol Salsa (red salsa made from dried chilies) or Salsa Verde (green tomatillo salsa)! These salsas come with your tacos and add the finishing touches to our perfectly grilled meats.
We take the concept of our street tacos to the next level with our Alambres. We start our alambres with the same fresh meat options as our tacos. Next, we add our signature trio—grilled onions, poblano peppers and bacon. The meats, onions and peppers are grilled together and served over four corn tortillas. Again our garnishes of onion, cilantro and our salsas help you to personalize our grill selections just the way you like them.
Our Sopes begin with a thicker tortilla to provide a substantial foundation for this flavor packed favorite. Next, we add our signature refried black beans that are then topped with your choice of meat. The sope is then enhanced with fresh lettuce, crème fresh and cheese.
If you came hungry, you may be interested in our Tortas. This is a Mexico City style hot sandwich that is both flavorful and filling. The torta is made with fresh bread that is heated on our grill. The bread, called Telera, is similar to French Bread, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. All Tortas are prepared with refried black beans, tomato, onions, avocado and melted cheese. You can add any of our signature meats—such as Jamon Con Queso (Ham with cheese), chorizo (spicy sausage) or Milanesa (breaded thin sliced beef). You can also order our Torta Tizoncita that is our house specialty made with Milanesa, pastor meat, ham and cheese.
A favorite at our Oak Cliff and Forest Lane Locations, our Flautas are three corn tortillas that are filled with chicken and potatoes then fried crisp. They are then topped with shredded lettuce, cream fresh and avocado. Try them and you will be hooked!
Can’t decide what you want? Get a little bit of everything by ordering the Parrillada Tizoncito that offers pastor (marinated pork), bistec (beef), chuleta (pork chop) and pollo (chicken) and cheese quesadilla with a side of Guacamole.
And don’t forget the Postres (Desserts)!
We offer both Flan and Pastel de Elote (a sweet cupcake that is made with corn) desserts for those needing something sweet to finish off your meal.